Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following applications were developed with Mono and have been tested to run on its runtime:
- Plastic SCM (http://www.plasticscm.com) is version control system that uses mono on linux and mac platforms.
- DekiWiki (http://wiki.mindtouch.com) is an advanced WYSIWYG Wiki system powered by Mono.
- SplendidCRM (http://www.splendidcrm.com) Cross platform, CRM system.
- Plasma (http://pnunit.codicesoftware.com/opproducts.aspx) Source Code Management system from Codice Software.
- Chrome Compiler (http://chromesville.com/language/): a commercial Pascal compiler with many features to take advantage of .NET 2.0 (including generics and many new language features inspired by C# 2.0).
- Otee's Unity (http://www.otee.dk/). Unity is is a 3D game editor with powerful cross-platform capabilities. Fresh ideas can be mock-upped and tested in a few hours, then developed into commercial grade games using powerful collaboration technology.
- Medsphere OpenVista (http://www.medsphere.com) a cross-platform, real-time, point-of-care, patient-centric information resource for clinicians.
- Vault (http://www.sourcegear.com/vault/index.html), from SourceGear (http://www.sourcegear.com/), relies on Mono to run on Unix systems.
- Virtuoso Universal Server (http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/), from OpenLink Software (http://www.openlinksw.com/), is a cross-platform hosting environment for Mono/.NET/C#.
- Völcker used Mono (http://www.novell.com/success/volcker.html), .NET and C# to re-code its Active Entry (http://www.activeentry.com/) software to run on Linux.
- Winfessor SoapBox Framework Mono Edition (http://www.winfessor.com/portal/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=57) enables developers to build .NET-based IM solutions that run on any Mono-supported platform
- Zamples (http://www.zamples.com) enables software developers to quickly learn new programming languages and APIs (C# and VB.NET) by playing with live code examples using Mono (http://zamples.com/news/mono.jsp).
- GMOVIL (http://www.aspl.es/gmovil/us/index.html) is a complete tool to manage common processes for Vodaphone sales points. It includes a Gtk# (shown here) and SWF GUI (Technical details (http://www.aspl.es/fact/index.php?id=39)).
- Novell ZENworks Linux Management (http://www.novell.com/products/zenworks/linuxmanagement/) and iFolder 3.0 (http://www.novell.com/products/ifolder/index.html) (On Linux and Mac OS X) are built using Mono.
- DocManager (http://www.nbfactory.com/SolServizi/Software/NBFeMono/DocManager.html) from NBFactory (http://www.nbfactory.com) its a document management system.
- Ice (http://www.zeroc.com/ice.html) from ZeroC, a middleware stack.
- SwfDotNet (http://www.swfdotnet.com/) a library to produce flash movies.
- imeem (http://www.imeem.com/) is a social networking software that uses Mono on its servers and in its Mac clients.
- PNUnit (http://pnunit.codicesoftware.com/opdownloads/oppnunit.aspx) PNUnit is an extension to the NUnit framework built by CodiceSoftware
- VistaDB (http://www.vistadb.net/) an embeddable database.
- OpenPGP BlackBox (http://www.eldos.com/sbb/desc-pgp2.php) interfaces for managing a PGP infrastructure.
- McMyAdmin (http://www.phonicuk.com/Software/McMyAdmin.aspx) Remote administration tool for Minecraft game servers.
Commercial and Open Source ApplicationsEdit
- Banshee (http://banshee-project.org/index.php/Main_Page) (formely known as Sonance), a great application for music management and playback on Gnome.
- Beagle (http://www.gnome.org/projects/beagle) is a desktop search tool.
- F-spot (http://www.gnome.org/projects/f-spot/) is a convenient photo management program developed by Novell.
- iFolder 3 (http://www.ifolder.com/) is a simple solution to sharing files and folders by using a simple peer-to-peer fashion or Novell's groupware server products.
- Mainsoft (http://www.mainsoft.com/solutions/interoperability.html), an important contributor to Mono, bundles Mono libraries in its Visual Mainwin for J2EE (http://www.mainsoft.com/products/vmw_j2ee.html) to deploy .NET web applications on J2EE application servers.
- MonoSim (http://www.integrazioneweb.com/monosim): A cross-platform application that for handling SIM card contacts.
- Procuste (http://www.procuste.com) A software for cephalometric diagnosis in orthodontics and treatment analysis. Running on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux in English and French
Open Source applicationsEdit
- Appomattox (http://www.appomattox-project.org/) Windows and Linux Desktop GIS software.
- Last-Exit (http://www.o-hand.com/~iain/last-exit/magic.html) A gnome-based player for Last.Fm.
- Autopano-SIFT (http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~nowozin/autopano-sift/) is a tool for aligning images for panorama creation automatically.
- Bless (http://home.gna.org/bless/) is a hex editor for Mono/Gtk#.
- CDCollect (http://cdcollect.sourceforge.net/index.php) is a CD catalog application.
- FTGLSharp (http://trac.geekisp.com/bleep/wiki/FTGLSharp) to write text in OpenGL (for instance on a Tao.Platform.Windows.SimpleOpenGlControl)
- Galaxium (http://galaxium.sourceforge.net/index.html) is a MSN instant messenger (IM) client.
- Gib (http://users.ossm.org.mk/~tome/gib/) is a tool for generating GNOME icon themes.
- GLyrics (http://zapdos.codemonkey.cl/glyrics/) is a lyrics finder.
- Imendio Blam! (http://www.imendio.com/projects/blam/) is a rss-news aggregator especialy good for reading planet (http://planetplanet.org/)-feeds like Planet Gnome (http://planet.gnome.org/).
- MindFire (http://www.icebreaker.net/mindfire/) is a cross-platform ebook reader designed to facilitate speed reading.
- Monodevelop (http://monodevelop.org/) is a port of Sharpdevelop to Mono and gtk#. The goal for monodevelop is to be en IDE for creating Mono applications.
- MonoTorrent (Monsoon) - a bittorrent client 
- MonoUML (http://www.monouml.org/) is a CASE tool. Aims to be the most advanced CASE tool for mono developers.
- Muine (http://muine.gooeylinux.org/) is a music player with a cool and inovative user interface developed by Jorn Baayen, founder of Rhythmbox.
- OpenVPN-Admin (http://sourceforge.net/projects/openvpn-admin) is a GUI client for OpenVPN (http://openvpn.net/) written with Gtk#.
- Pash (http://pash.sourceforge.net/) - open source, cross-platform PowerShell implementation.
- SkyNET (http://sky-net.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php) is a sky chart application.
- smuxi (http://smuxi.meebey.net) is an IRC application for advanced users written with Gtk#/Gnome#, SmartIrc4net (http://smartirc4net.meebey.net) and Nini (http://nini.sourceforge.net).
- SQL Sharp for GTK Sharp (http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?sqlsharpgtk) is a SQL Query editor and database browser for executing SQL statements and scripts. Runs on Mono and GTK#. Works with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebird, Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, and ODBC.
- Themonospot (http://www.integrazioneweb.com/themonospot) scan your avi/mkv file to extract audio and video informations.
- Tomboy (http://www.beatniksoftware.com/tomboy) is a desktop note-taking application which uses a wikiwike-like linking system.
- ChronoJump (http://gnome.org/projects/chronojump/) is a method for measuring, manage and make stats of jump and run time events in sports. It also uses free hardware.
- SportsTracker (http://www.saring.de/sportstracker) An application to track sporting activities.
- LDAP Administration Tool (http://dev.mmgsecurity.com/projects/lat/)
- WorldWind2 for Linux (http://ww2d.berlios.de/).
- Sussen (http://dev.mmgsecurity.com/projects/sussen/) security scanner based on the Open Vulnerability Assessment Language (http://oval.mitre.org/)
- Gnome Word of the Day (http://philisoft.com/projects/gnomewotd/).
- YaneuraoGameSDK.NET (http://yanesdkdotnet.sourceforge.jp/) is a set of libraries for SDL-based game development. The dev team also ported (http://yanesdkdotnet.sourceforge.jp/download/lua4yanesdk200701242308v160.zip) LuaInterface (http://luaforge.net/projects/luainterface/) to Mono.
- GComandos (http://gcomandos.sourceforge.net/): GnomeCommander is a Clone of TotalCommander or WinCommander for GNOME. A complete File System Manager for Linux Platform written with C#, Mono and GTK#.
- TwitterIrcGateway (http://www.misuzilla.org/dist/net/twitterircgateway/) is a winforms application that works as an IRC gateway for Twitter (http://twitter.com/).
- gtwitter (http://code.google.com/p/gtwitter/) is a standalone Twitter (http://twitter.com/) Gtk# application.
- Paint.NET (http://code.google.com/p/paint-mono): a port of Paint.NET 3.0 to run on Linux/Mono.
- MPlayerBuddy (http://penguindreams.org/page/see/MplayerBuddy) is a media bookmarking application designed to keep track of the user’s place when watching videos.
- FTGL# (http://trac.geekisp.com/bleep/wiki/FTGLSharp) to write text in OpenGL (for instance on a Tao.Platform.Windows.SimpleOpenGlControl)
- NAnt (http://nant.sourceforge.net/) is a free .NET build tool. For help installing NAnt, see the NAnt Installation guide.
- Smokey (https://home.comcast.net/~jesse98/public/Smokey/) is a open source command line tool used to analyze .NET or Mono assemblies for problems. It's similar to tools like FxCop and Gendarme. This version of Smokey has 81 rules. Currently Smokey runs on Mono 1.2.5 ( 1.2.4 should also work although it isn't officially supported).
- Mono Model Checker (http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~ruys/mmc/): is a program to automatically detect errors in CIL bytecode programs, i.e. applications written for the .NET platform. The current version of MMC is able to find deadlocks and assertion violations in CIL programs, generated with Mono's C# compiler.
- Pash - open implementation of Powershell 
- OpenOnPhoto (http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Openonphoto): An ASP.NET application for managing and sharing photos.
- Landell (http://tapioca-voip.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Landell): VOIP application based on the Tapioca framework.
- vmx-manager (http://www.snorp.net/log/2006/12/08/im-in-ur-virtual-machines-managing-them/) a tool to manage virtual machines.
- SunUO (http://www.sunuo.org) a free server for running Ultima Online.
- * OmniPortal (http://www.zigamorph.com/) is an object oriented website framework, written in C# for ASP.NET, it runs under Windows 2000/2003/XP or under the Mono Framework which runs on Linux and Mac OS X.
- SharpKnocking (http://code.google.com/p/sharpknocking/) an implementation of the port knocking principles with mono (c#) and iptables.
- OpenSim (http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Main_Page): An open source simulator for the SecondLife client written in C# and that works on both .NET and Mono.